Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Proud Heritage

I have always been proud of my heritage, especially on my dad's side of the family. We are descendents of Ijakalaka a Souix woman. It is interesting to be able to track my family back several generations. It is like getting to know them.


Clara Russell Trenk
Ijkalaka and David Russell's Daughter
My great grandmother



Grace Ethel Trenk Elmore
Daughter of Clara Russell Trenk
My grandmother

My grandmother and her brothers and sisters


Romaine Russell Spicer on the far left. Myself and my son David on the back right.




John Russell, Ijkalaka's son



Allen Elmore son of Grace Ethel Elmore
My dad



My grandmother and me.


Me
So this is at least part of my family. There are no good pictures of Ijkalaka that is why I did not add any. She worked hard all her life and had a small town named after her, Ekalaka, Montana.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Amy Maye Trenk. My mother's maiden name is Dixiene Ann Trenk. My mom's parents, my grandfather Arthur Trenk who married a Dorothy Peabody. I would like to connect with you as I am sure that we are related. Most of my family on my greanparents side are burried in Ekalaka because of our relation. My email address is aimzzz26@yahoo.com or you can find me on face book under the name Amy Trenk. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am John Russell's Great Great granddaughter. Bobbijokraft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete